Church Connection Home
We were started by the Presbyterian church, to do the work of the church — preparing young leaders — for the upbuilding of the body of Christ. Since its inception, PPAS has been in ongoing partnership with congregations to support the dynamic mission of education and evangelism of the school. We invite churches in the Synod of the Sun and beyond to join with us, and live into the Great Commission — making disciples of all nations, and teaching them about the love and mercy of God.
- Mission Groups. We welcome youth, adult, and multi-generational groups to provide assistance with our environmental restoration program and campus improvement, and to spend quality time with Pan Am students.
- Let us come to you! PPAS students and development staff travel throughout Texas, representing the school in a variety of ways.
- Student Ambassadors— What is more powerful than a personal testimony? A select group of students is available to visit churches on weekends, sharing the good news of what God is doing campus.
- Mobile Music — The Morris Chapel Choir and PPAS Praise Team come to your church to perform during Sunday worship, and participate in the service, as desired.
- Need a speaker? Our development team is excited to share how God is working through PPAS’ mission. We enjoy meeting with groups of any size for Minutes for Mission, workshops, Sunday school classes, conferences, and Presbyterian Women and men’s group gatherings. We also participate in church mission fairs, and alternative gift markets.
- Every person a missionary. We tap into God’s abundance when we give of ourselves. Here are additional ways to share yourself with Presbyterian Pan Amerian School.
- Become a Pan Am Partner. Be PPAS’ liaison, and keep the communication between your congregation and the school flowing.
- Student referrals. Do you know of a high school-age teen who would benefit from this excellent academic education, and rich international and spiritual formation? Please, send her or him our way!
- Christmas Joy Offering. Encourage your church to participate in this seasonal giving opportunity. The Christmas Joy Offering is one of the special offerings of the Presbyterian Church (USA) that is taken during Advent. Half is distributed to the racial ethnic schools and colleges of the denomination, which includes Presbyterian Pan American School.
- Scholarship fund support. Ninety-one percent of our students receive tuition assistance, making support of our scholarship funds critical to the success of the school. How might PPAS fit into your church’s or group’s philanthropy?
- Think outside of the box! We love it when people come to us with ideas and suggestions for enriching campus life. Create your own mission project, and let us know how we can help you make your concept a reality.
- Want materials? Click here for print-on-demand communication resources.